Table of Contents
- 1 Treat Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis And Dermatitis Without Steroids, Immunosuppressants, Antihistamines Or Antibiotics!
- 1.1 Have You Recently Used Steroids In Any Form For Your Skin Problems?
- 1.2 The Truth About Problem Skin Treatment That Nobody Tells You!
- 1.3 Can Steroids Really Treat And Cure Your Problem Skin Condition?
- 1.4 Then, Why Is The Medical Community So Hell Bent On Using Steroids?
- 1.5 The Steroid Fuelled Downward Spiral
- 1.6 Steroids: The Patch That Creates More Problems Than It Solves!
- 1.7 All Those Dermal Side Effects Pale In Front Of What Comes Next!
- 1.8 Steroids Cause The Very Skin Problems That They Are Supposed To Cure!
- 1.9 Controlling The Inflammation With Steroids Is Not Enough!
- 1.10 When Kids Face The wrath Of Skin Disorders, Nature Is Your Only Option!
- 1.11 Steroids In Any Form Can Create Just As Much Trouble!
- 1.12 Even If You Were To Remove Steroids Out Of The Equation, You Would Still Have A Problem!
- 1.13 But, The BIGGEST Problem With Steroids Is That They Mess Up Your Mind!
- 1.14 Skin Problems Are Lonely Ailments!
- 1.15 Disease, Depression And Drugs: A Recipe For Disaster!
- 2 Why Is L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream The Right Way Ahead?
- 3 When Treating Problem Skin, A Balanced Regimen Can Help A Lot!
Treat Rosacea, Eczema, Psoriasis And Dermatitis Without Steroids, Immunosuppressants, Antihistamines Or Antibiotics!
- Has your immune system waged a war on your skin?
- Is the maddening itchiness of eczema pushing you into depression?
- Has the scaly dryness of psoriasis killed your social life?
- Do you live in fear of dermatitis?
- Is the redness of rosacea a constant source of embarrassment?
Did you answer any of those questions with a “YES”? If you did, then the information you are about to read will prove to be life altering!
I am Olivia and today I am going to reveal a secret about autoimmune and auto-inflammatory skin conditions and their treatment that nobody in the medical or the pharmaceutical sectors openly admits. What you are about to read will transform the way in which you treat your problem prone skin. But first up, let me ask you this?
Have You Recently Used Steroids In Any Form For Your Skin Problems?
Topical and oral steroids are often prescribed to deal with every one of the skin conditions listed above. So, if you suffer from any one of these ailments and have not yet been put on steroids, frankly, that would be a shocker.
Now, to say that steroids are simply a patch, and a shoddy one at that, would be the understatement of the century. Then, why are they being prescribed so frequently? I bet you already know the answer to that. Yes, it all comes down to money honey!
Corticosteroid creams as well as steroid pills are big business!And you are not really expecting pharma companies to let go off billions in profits just because they have your best interest in mind, are you? Now for those of you who have already burnt their fingers and more with the side effects of steroids and have sworn never to go that way again, I’ll cut through the chase and get right to the point.
You don’t have to use steroids because nature has several effective ingredients that can help to heal you. How does just two applications/day of a 100% natural and effective cream that keeps these skin ailments in control sound? No fallacy!That is exactly what I am offering with the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream.
Psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, dry skin and more can all be treated with this easy and natural solution that is 100% side-effect free. So, why use steroids when you have a simpler and safer solution?
For those of you who are mulling over the use of corticosteroid ointments, you need to read what’s coming up. I promise, these are eye-opening bits of information.
The Truth About Problem Skin Treatment That Nobody Tells You!
If your doctor has not already explained this to you, let me tell you why you have been put on steroids. Primarily, they are supposed to calm the inflammation. As a secondary function, they also exert some level of immunosuppressive effect.
Depending on the severity of your skin condition, immunosuppressant drugs can get added to the mix. Now with two drugs working against it, your body’s natural defense system has to accept the forced hibernation. So, is it any wonder that people who are suffering from these skin conditions often also have to deal with infections?
And what happens when a scratch turns into a festering wound or when nasal/pulmonary infections hit? Simple, more drugs are pumped into the body; this time antibiotics, antihistamines, pain killers and others. Talk about a cocktail of pills!
And this is what the end result looks like – You end up with a body full of medications that cause serious side effects and send a lot of your money to the coffers of pharmaceutical manufacturers.What if I tell you that things don’t have to go that way? Yes, there is a natural option, which is safe and effective!
Rest assured that I am going to talk about the ill-effects of steroids and some of the other drugs commonly used to treat problem skin conditions. But, that’s for later. Just now, let me draw your attention to the question of the day:
Can Steroids Really Treat And Cure Your Problem Skin Condition?
Here is the baffling but true answer – Hell, No! Save for contact dermatitis, auto inflammatory and autoimmune skin conditions are chronic in nature. In fact, even contact dermatitis is a “goes to come right back” sort of ailment.
These dermal issues call for long term treatment and steroids in any form cannot be used for more than a few days, and by that I mean, about a week to ten days for pills and about 2 weeks for creams. Use them any longer and even the medical community accepts that the risks far outweigh the benefits.
Typically, doctors will start you of on low to mid strength topical corticosteroids and then work their way up the strength ladder. Sometimes, they may use two formulations that have different drugs or varied concentrations. In whatever manner or form these drugs are used, what is the sense of using medication that you know offers only temporary reprieve to treat chronic conditions?
Here is another one:
- Wouldn’t it be better to simply rely on natural ingredients that offer the same results as steroids, but without the side effects?
- Wouldn’t it be better to pick a natural product that can be used for as long as required?
- Do you want to know about a 100% natural product that does just that?
I would be surprised if none of you have this question racing through your mind by now:
Then, Why Is The Medical Community So Hell Bent On Using Steroids?
- They don’t know what else to do! Yes this may come as a surprise but it is the fact that even doctors know little about how these ailments get triggered.
- Where the cause is known, it typically involves an immune response that leads to inflammation and the other symptoms. But, doctors don’t have a clue about how to handle the immunological and inflammatory response of the body.
- Since steroids do offer quick relief from inflammation, doctors prefer to prescribe them because it buys them more time to treat the condition.
- Quick and noticeable results, whether they last or not, also means garnering patient loyalty. So, steroids make patients stick around for longer and come back for more. After all, some reprieve or even short term reprieve is always better than no reprieve.
As is apparent from the explanation given above, steroids are simply an easy way out. But, the easy way is not always the right way. And in this case, it definitely isn’t! In fact,it’s this callous attitude that has led to the rampant misuse of topical corticosteroid.
Actually, I’d go so far as to call it the present day skin addiction. Why, everybody from the local GP to the barber and from the experienced dermatologist to the neighborhood beautician is recommending these preparations.
You name the skin condition and you will be asked to slather on some hydrocortisone to cure yourself. It could be acne, psoriasis, eczema, dark spots, white spots, rosacea, rash, itching, dermatitis or any other dermal ailment that exists, and according to these so called experts (some of them are doctors), topical steroids are the remedy to all these skin woes.
But, here is the frightening truth – topical steroids cause many of the skin problems that they are supposed to cure.And that is not the worst of it! Even doctors know that steroids are known to be effective against only a handful of skin conditions. In fact, there are several studies that rule out their efficacy against a number of dermal problems. Despite the clinical evidence refuting their use, corticosteroid ointments are being widely prescribed, with little thought given to their side effects.
Fortunately, it is possible to completely circumvent the risk of side effects and yet get the quick relief that you would from steroid ointments. Only this time, the relief will last longer and you will be able to use the product for as long as need be. Sound good?
Was that a “Yes” I heard? Then, take a look at this:
You read all of the above. So, you must wonder why I am so critical of corticosteroid creams. Well, let me explain this to you and then you tell me if you really want to entrust the safety of your skin and your health in general to these formulations.
The Steroid Fuelled Downward Spiral
Before I get to the side effects of topical and oral steroids, I want to tell you about the challenges created by the misuse of these formulations.
- As I discussed, these formulations are being prescribed for just about every kind of skin problem that involves inflammation. And, they do help to curb the redness, itching and pain initially. But, the inflammation is just a symptoms and once it goes away, it gets harder to diagnose the underlying cause.
- In fact, the short term reprieve from the symptoms often leads to faulty diagnosis as the prescribing doctor assumes that it must have been a condition that responds well to topical steroids.
- If that is not bad enough, once patients realize that the relief from the symptoms of the skin condition is attributed to the steroid ointment, they start indulging in self-medication. So, when they have another flare up and the inflammation returns, they simply use the same formulation again, leading to overuse.
- Actually, many patients start to think of them as the panacea for all that ails the skin. So, every time somebody in the household pops up a zit, acne, rash or skin redness, they don’t even wait to seek advice from a doctor. Instead, they directly opt for the topical steroid.
- Some patients fear the symptoms of their skin condition so much that they use the steroid cream as a preventative measure to avoid flare-ups. This quickly turns into an addiction that leads to overuse.
And that is certainly not the end of it because it is very easy to mess up when using strong drugs like steroids. You certainly can’t wing it when using topical steroids.
- Using too much of the ointment
- Using too little of it
- Using it for longer than prescribed
- Using it for a shorter period than the prescribed duration
- Using a formulation with lower concentration than prescribed
- Using an ointment that has a higher concentration of the steroid
- Stopping use of the topical steroid cold turkey
All of the above get you in trouble!
Get too little of the ointment and the inflammation won’t go away. In fact, it may even come back with a vengeance. If you continue to use a formulation with a lower concentration of the steroid over the long term, you will end up with side effects. Get too much of the steroid ointment and you once again invite the risk of adverse effects.
In striking contrast, there is no such thing as too much or too little or even side effects when you are using a natural formulation. To add to the benefits, natural creams are just as effective over the short term as steroid ointment and even more effective over the long term.
And, what I have for you here is a 100% natural formulation that combines ingredients, which are clinically proven to be effective against dermal inflammation, infection, auto immune reactions and more.
Steroids: The Patch That Creates More Problems Than It Solves!
Even if you manage to follow your doctor’s instructions to a T, there will be future flare-ups if you are dealing with a chronic skin problem. When the symptoms reappear, most people go right back to their steroid creams, and that is how side effects come into the picture.
Now, let me warn you that this is no child’s play. These side effects are quite serious and can involve just the area of application or even the whole body (systemic). Depending on the strength of the formulation and duration of use, side effects can include:
- Skin thinning: Also known as dermal atrophy, this is one of the most common side effects of topical steroids. It isn’t drug specific. In fact, all topical steroids can cause this side effect. Topical steroids inhibit the growth of new derma cells and collagen tissue. This leads to skin thinning and fragility. Older patients and children are more likely to suffer from this side effect.Also, there is a greater risk of skin thinning when high potency topical steroids are used and they are applied on the face and neck, where the skin is delicate and thin. A higher occlusive effect simply increases the risk of skin thinning as does using any other occlusive product or even a bandage of any kind along with the topical steroid.
- Spider veins:Topical steroids stimulate the growth of the endothelium, which lines the inner walls of the blood vessels, thus increasing their thickness. This coupled with skin thinning, makes the blood vessels that lie close to the surface of the skin more visible.
- Disturbances in epidermal barrier:Normally, the dermal layers are protected from allergens and microbes by the stratum corneum. This is the outermost layer of the epidermis, which is made of fats and keratohyalin granules. Steroids prevent the proliferation of keratinocytes in the dermal layers, thus weakening the skin’s natural defense system. The end result is greater susceptibility to both allergens and infection causing microorganisms.
- Hypertrichosis: This is the abnormal growth of hair on the area of application. Particularly, when topical steroids are used on the face and in the area around the cheeks and upper lips, they cause significant growth in the vellus hair (peach fuzz). This side effect is linked to both the oral and topical use of steroids.
- Purpura:Steroids also lead to easy bruising since they disturb the dermal structures that surround the blood vessels. Normally, these structures act as the cushioning for the blood vessels. So in the absence of this protection, capillaries hemorrhage easily and cause dark spotting on the skin.
- Healing problems: Steroids hinder the normal healing process, both topically and systemically. Steroid ointments inhibit the proliferation of both keratinocytes and fibroblasts, which greatly slows down the dermal healing process.
Unfortunately, there is more bad news in store for you! The side effects listed above are just the topical problems caused by these meds. Things get truly dangerous once these drugs enter the body and make their way into the blood stream.
All Those Dermal Side Effects Pale In Front Of What Comes Next!
Yes, oral steroids have a great risk of adverse reactions. But, just because you are swallowing these drugs in pill form does not mean that you are safe. Your skin can just as easily channel these meds into your system. Topical steroids get to the deeper dermal layers and from there they find their way into the blood stream. And when they buildup in your body, there can be serious health ramifications, such as:
- Increase in blood pressure.
- Muscle weakness.
- Greater susceptibility to infections.
- Vision changes.
- Increase in body hair growth.
- Puffiness of the face.
- Bone thinning, damage and eventual fractures.
- Fluid accumulation in the extremities.
- Cushing’s Syndrome, which leads to an increase in hormone levels and causes rapid weight gain, significant mood changes and skin thinning.
- Increase in the symptoms of diabetes.
- Gastric irritation.
- Sleep disturbances/changes.
Well, I hate to say this but that’s what happens when you opt for chemicals over the offerings of Mother Nature!After all, why try to mend or change a system that isn’t broken and needs no changing? Don’t get me wrong here. I will be the first to admit that steroids, antihistamines, antibiotics and other drugs are needed in certain cases.
But, even experts suggest that these powerful meds should only be used when absolutely necessary. The way I see it, and I am sure by now you will agree with me on this, as far as skin conditions are concerned, the natural approach is not only more effective but also safer.
Steroids Cause The Very Skin Problems That They Are Supposed To Cure!
No, I am not exaggerating things here! You already know about the ailments for which topical steroids are prescribed. Now, let me tell you about the how many of these dermal ailments are caused by these steroid creams and ointments. See if you can spot your skin problem in this list:
Sensitivity to sunlight: Steroids compromise the integrity of the dermal structure and defense system. So, they make your skin more vulnerable to sun damage. In fact, sun exposure after the use of topical steroids often leads to a skin condition called stellate pseudoscares, which is essentially white scarring that resembles stretch marks.
White patches:Vitiligo or hypopigmentation is another condition for which topical steroids are frequently prescribed. But, these medications are known to suppress the production of melanin, which is the root cause of the white patchiness.
Increase in eczema and dermatitis flare ups:Because steroids impact the protective layer of the skin, they can increase the intensity and the frequency of eczema flare-ups.
Rosacea linked to steroid use:When used over a prolonged period, topical steroids are known to cause redness/rosacea on the cheeks, the chin, the forehead and the nose. This results from the increase in the size and the number of blood vessels linked to the frequent use of steroids.
Acne:Short term use of topical steroids is often recommended to deal with acne linked inflammation. But, when these meds are used for a few weeks, they can actually trigger acne flare-ups, particularly on the face. Steroid formulations are known to cause comedonal acne as well as nodular acne with and without dark crusts.
Dermatitis around the mouth: Known as perioral dermatitis, this condition leads to the eruption of pustules and pimples on the skin around the mouth and the chin. Although women are more susceptible to this side effect, men and kids can also suffer from it.
Skin infections: Topical and oral steroids negatively influence the workings of the immune system. So, it’s no wonder that these meds often cause an increase in instances of skin infection. In fact, nearly half of all people who receive steroid treatments suffer from some type of dermal infection.
Contact dermatitis:There are also those patients who suffer from steroid allergy. Adverse effects to steroids typically include dermatitis, rashes, itchiness and inflammation. Yes, these are the same symptoms that the medication was meant to counter.
Needless to say, it takes a while for patients to figure out that they are dealing with an allergic reaction and not the oriHelenl skin issues for which they had sought treatment. In the meanwhile, they assume that they need to up their dose of steroids to heal the inflammation and do just that. It goes without saying that this simply worsens their skin condition.
This brings me to an all important question – When cure turns to cause, where and who do you turn to? Yes, I know I sound like a broken record here. But, nobody can deny that nature has long held the answers to even those questions that we are just beginning to discover.
Why, even doctors admit that there is place for alternative therapies in the treatment of skin problems. So, here is your chance to rely on Mother Nature for a change. Your skin, your quality of life and your overall wellbeing are definitely worth it.
And, with that we have finally arrived at the crux of the problem! You already know about the side effects of steroids and you also know that these drugs are used for one sole purpose – Inflammation control. But,
Controlling The Inflammation With Steroids Is Not Enough!
Yes, you heard that right! Inflammation is simply the last among a series of events. So, find any way to curb it and you will merely be scratching the surface.
Typically, the trouble is triggered either by an allergen or an infection or by an auto-immune condition. In case of an allergen or a microorganism, the immune system reacts by releasing histamines, which cause the inflammation, as is the case with eczema and dermatitis
As far as auto-immune conditions like psoriasis go, the defense system of the body begins to attack the skin cells. This, in turn, causes the inflammation and the flaking. Since inflammation is a merely a part of the puzzle, logic dictates that controlling it should also be a part of a 360 degree treatment plan and not the only treatment approach used.
That said, leaving the body vulnerable by suppressing the immune system does not help in the long term. For safe and lasting relief, what you need is a product that:
- Deals with infection-causing microorganisms and allergens.
- Regulates the immune system.
- Tones down the release of histamines.
- Undoes the damage heaped by histamines.
- Brings down the inflammation.
- Tackles other symptoms like itching, redness and dryness.
- Strengthens the epidermal barrier.
- Regulates cellular regeneration.
- Improves the body’s ability to heal itself.
L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream does all of this and more. Go ahead and check this product out here.
It is particularly important to use a natural product when the patient is a child. Steroids are too much even for adult skin, so imagine the detrimental effects of these formulations on the delicate skin of children.
When Kids Face The wrath Of Skin Disorders, Nature Is Your Only Option!
Unfortunately, children often have to bear the brunt of skin problems like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. When topical steroids are used on their delicate skin, they have a higher risk of suffering from side effects.
- In a review conducted by the US Food and Drug Administration of 24 common topical steroids that are often prescribed for kids, more than 200 instances of adverse reaction were observed. Generally, the side effects involved scarring, local irritation and pigmentation issues but there were also cases in which the side effects were systemic and more serious.
- In fact, this led many eminent medical associations across the Western world to recommend that only lowest potency steroids should be used for children and these too should only be used for short durations.
- But as explained above, this approach can compromise the results you get from these formulations and can lead to over use in the long run. Plus, let us not forget that the symptoms of skin disorders like burning, itching, pain and rash can prove to be too distressing for a child. So, the longer they prevail, the more stress they cause.
- And the last thing any parent wants is for the repeat flare-ups of a dermal ailment to instill a sense of fear and social anxiety in a child. So, it’s best to play it safe and go natural when the patient is a child or even a youngster.
Take a look at what the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream offers. This formulation is effective against several dermal ailments and it’s a 100% kiddie-friendly product.
Steroids In Any Form Can Create Just As Much Trouble!
Corticosteroids are available in a myriad of forms; from ointments to gels and from foams to lotions and creams. The common factor is that each of these forms brings along its own set of side effects. For instance:
- Ointments are the most occlusive of all topical steroid formulations. So, they provide more lubrication and greater drug absorption, which equates to an increased risk of side effects. Also, their greasiness can block pores and follicles, leading to acne, folliculitis and maceration.
- In comparison, creams offer medium lubrication, which gives them greater cosmetic appeal. But, their drying nature can present a problem when dealing with skin conditions that are known to cause dermal dryness. Plus, they are often less potent than ointments and contain preservatives that can lead to allergic reactions and irritation.
- Lotions and gels are the least greasy of all topical steroid formulations and also the least potent. They leave little residue but can be too drying.
- Foams and mousses can only be used on the scalp and around the hairline.
Even If You Were To Remove Steroids Out Of The Equation, You Would Still Have A Problem!
If you thought steroids were the only trouble makers, think again. Nearly all types of medications used to treat skin condition carry the risk of some or the other side effect. And, when put together, the adverse reaction simply get compounded. For example:
- NSAIDS can cause gastric issues and add to the tummy troubles brought on by steroids. They can also trigger or intensify the symptoms of psoriasis in some patients.
- Barrier repair creams can increase the occlusive effect of a steroid ointment, leading to acne and increasing the risk of nodular zits.
- Steroids and immunosuppressant meds both lower resistance to infections, including fungal infections.
- Frequent use of antibiotics can lead to the growth of antibiotic resistant bacteria in the body. This coupled with the immunosuppressive effect of steroids can create a very dangerous situation.
- Tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are two drugs prescribed for severe eczema. Both of these can cause cancer.
- Antihistamines can lead to depression, anxietyand other psychological side effects. Steroids do the same, adding to the overall extent of psychiatric adverse reactions.
In a nutshell, unless you turn to nature for your skin problem, there is simply no avoiding the side effects. And, that is one of the reasons why the natural way is indeed the right and the best way.
But, The BIGGEST Problem With Steroids Is That They Mess Up Your Mind!
Now, this is something that most doctors will not discuss with you because they know that the psychological ramifications of steroids will end up dissuading most patients from using them. Yes, they are more common and more intense when steroids are administered orally.
But, let us not forget that eventually topical steroids also make their way into the body, and once you reach a certain level of accumulation, you are bound to feel the adverse effects, which include:
- Mood swings
- Heightened anxiety
- Symptoms of bipolar disease
- Panic attacks
- Emotional instability
- Inability to control negative emotions
Short term use of strong topical steroids and systemic steroid pills often leads to psychotic episodes while long term use is associated with depressive symptoms that can lead to suicidal tendencies. Moreover, the use of corticosteroids also leads to cognitive deficits, particularly declarative and verbal memory issues.
Studies suggest that nearly half of all patients on corticosteroids suffer from some form of adverse psychiatric reaction. That figure alone should be enough to convince you to steer clear of steroids.
Now, let me ask you this, and I know that skin ailments are incredibly taxing on the body and the mind, but are you willing to add to your mental trauma for short term reprieve from the physical symptoms?
If you answered that with a resolute “No”, then go ahead and discover the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream.
Skin Problems Are Lonely Ailments!
Pharmaceutical companies as well as the medical community is well aware of the cognitive and psychiatric problems caused by steroids. But, they also know that nobody is going to notice these issues. Are you wondering why?
Simple, dermal ailments are more than just skin deep. Yes, your skin is the outermost layer of your body but once it’s distressed, the pain and discomfort spread to the deepest physical and mental levels. This, I realized when I received an e-mail from one of my readers about living with eczema. In fact, that message is what made me work on the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream.
At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I am going to say that Helen’s life of frustration, social anxiety, physical distress and abject desolation was nothing short of a tragedy. She was 25 when she experienced an eczema flare-upfor the first time.
She had spent the previous night drinking and dancing away. The next morning along with the hangover headacheand the grogginess she also felt itchiness all over her arms and legs. In her own words, she felt like a mangy dog that just could not stop scratching itself.
A few hours down the line, the relentless scratching had caused wounds and her hands and legs were burning up. The allergy pill suggested by her friend offered little relief. By evening, she was crying and scratching herself like a distressed kid.
She said that the itching and the painwas so bad that she held her arms and legs under very hot water for several minutes just to ease the discomfort, without giving a moment’s thought to the skin burnsthat this could have caused.
When she visited a dermatologist the next day, she was told that its eczema and that it’s incurable. The doctor did prescribe the customary antihistamine and steroid ointment. When she wrote to me, it had been 7 years since the diagnosis and each day she had lived in fear and anxiety of a flare-up.
Helen’s eczema episodes would come and go without a warning. I did discuss the possibility of stress triggering them. But, I had to agree with what she said.
“How is it possible to not fear the distress, to not spend every moment hoping and praying that you never have to go through another flare-up?”
Something else that struck me was her description of her skin condition. She said eczema is a lonely ailment. Often after a flare-up, Helen would end up with scabs all over her arms and legs and for days she shunned all social life just to avoid the stares from cringing colleagues, friends and even strangers.
I admit, I cannot even imagine the trauma of living with such a condition. I mean a zit on the face or a boil on a visible part of the body makes it hard for most of us to socialize till the ungainly eruption subsides. And here we are talking about a chronic condition that’s incurable; gets triggered for no reason at all; is extremely unsightly and covers large and visible areas of the body.
No wonder depression and anxiety go hand in hand with eczema, psoriasis and other dermal issues. Helen had asked for my help because she recognized that her feeling of hopelessness was smothering her. The embarrassment and depression she felt had made her quit her job and opt for work from home assignments.
Although she did not say as much but I could see a clear downward spiral there. I mean working from home is great if that’s what you want to do. But, this was clearly forced seclusion. She actually admitted that she wouldn’t leave her apartment unless she had to buy something. This was bad and I was determined to do something for her.
It took me several months of studying, research, consultation with dermatologists and naturopaths to just finalize the list of ingredients and another 2 months to prepare the first batch of the Problem Skin Relief Cream.
I asked Helen if she’d be willing to try it out. I did not want to get her hopes too high. So, I asked her to use the cream the minute she’d feel a flare-up coming on and just give it 2-3 hours to work and go back to her regular treatment if she felt that the cream had not helped. She called me after 2 weeks and this was the very first thing she said,
“I can’t thank you enough Olivia. Aside from my mom, I don’t think anybody else has done more for me than what you have. You’ve literally saved me.”
That was music to my ears! Being praised for your hard work feels good, but more than that, for me it was the fact that I had managed to help this individual, who I honestly thought was teetering on the brink of a mental breakdown.
I had her talk to my naturopath and together we chalked out a plan to phase out the steroid treatment. She has been exclusively using L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream to treat her eczema for the last 5 months and in that time she has gone from a person who had given up on life to a young woman who is looking forward to living her life to the fullest.
And I cannot begin to tell you how glad I am that I took the decision to help her. Not because I have a product that I can sell but because of a recent homicide-suicide case in Hong Kong.
Disease, Depression And Drugs: A Recipe For Disaster!
This was covered by several newspapers, so you may have read it. A 23 year old from Hong Kong killed her parents and herself on Father’s Day. In her suicide note, the girl wrote that she was distressed by her chronic eczema and blamed her parents for her condition because she felt that her ailment was hereditary.
The deceased was a nursing student. So, she must have known that the genetic element may or may not be the cause of the skin ailment. Eczema can get triggered by a host of internal and external factors. In her note, the girl said that living with eczema was worse than living in abject poverty.
What drove this young girl to take such a macabre and heinous step? We may never get a concrete answer to this question but she did leave a clue behind in an earlier blog post in which she mentioned that she was suffering from the side effects of the steroids prescribed to her.
The histaminic reaction that causes eczema and the auto-immune anomaly that leads to psoriasis can have a physical impact on the brain. This physical change can make it hard to control anger and aggression. Add to this the psychiatric adverse effects of steroids and the grim reality slowly starts to emerge.
Of course, we will never know for sure if it was the depression attributed to her eczema or the mental side effects of the steroids that led to the ghastly occurrence. But, her short life and the tragic death of the family is a lesson for those who suffer from chronic skin disorders like eczema.
It’s a clear warning to stay away from meds that cause mental disturbances when dealing with a chronic skin ailment that you know also causes psychiatric adverse effects. This, I believe, is the foremost reason to go natural with your problem skin treatment.
Why Is L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream The Right Way Ahead?
- Relief from the physical symptoms: Be it itching, burning, pain, swelling, redness, rash or inflammation, the bioactives in L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream can tackle them all and more. It only takes about 20-30 minutes after application for the discomfort to subside. The best part is that the relief lasts for a while.
- No mental or physical side effects:Because this is a 100% natural product, there is absolutely no risk of side effect, neither mental nor physical. Plus, you won’t have to worry about getting the dosage right. You can use the cream on any part of body without fearing acne flare-ups.
- Can be used as prevention and treatment: The healing effect of L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream offers immediate results by helping to curb the physical discomfort of skin ailments. But this formulation also works at a deeper level. The soothing effect of the cream calms the imbalance that is the root cause of inflammation. So, you get both prevention and treatment with one product.
- Helps to address the core issue:The active ingredients in L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream are effective against infections and allergens as well as hyper immune responses. So, with this formulation, you get complete healing.
- Can be used with any other form of treatment:Because the product is natural, it can be used along with any other skin ointment or oral medication that you are currently on. L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream is a non-greasy formulation. So, it does not add in any way to the occlusive effect of any other skin product.
- Effective against a range of skin ailments:This cream was formulated to handle a multitude of skin conditions. From eczema and psoriasis to rosacea and contact dermatitis, L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream can be used to deal with all of these and others.
- Can be used even on children:Although extremely effective and fast acting, this formulation is also very gentle on the skin. So, you can use it on delicate areas of the body like on the face and neck and even on kids.
- Offers relief from stress: The natural ingredients used in this cream exert a potent aromatherapy effect, offering reprieve from the stress and anxiety caused by chronic dermal problems.
- Improves dermal health: The nourishing blend of herbs, nutrients and oils help to improve dermal health at the cellular level. The cream not only regulates cellular regeneration but also strengthens the stratum corneum, which is the protective barrier of your skin.
- A non-greasy formulation that provides optimal hydration: With the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream, your skin gets a perfectly balanced combination of fluids and lipids. So, you get hydration and moisturization without the greasiness.
Click below to start your skin on a potent combination of natural ingredients and nutrients.
The Ingredients That WILL Make A Difference!
When my team and I started working on ingredients list for L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream, we had a very clear idea that we were going for more than just anti-inflammatory effects.
We wanted an all-in-one product that would restore balance not only to the dermal layers and the cells but also to the other physiological systems that impact the skin. And we achieved our goals with this mix:
- Plant sulfur or Methylsulfonylmethane:The tiny size of this organosulfur compound not only allows it to permeate easily through the skin layers and get into the dermal cells, but also gives it the ability to impact multiple cell types. MSM is known to act at sub-cellular and transcriptional levels to control both inflammation and auto-immune reactions.This natural ingredient disrupts the pro-inflammatory pathway and inhibits the mediation of mast cells in the inflammatory process, thus directly influencing the levels of histamines in the affected areas. Moreover, MSM also offers an immune modulatory effect and normalizes cellular metabolism. If all of that was not enough, it also influences skin healing time by improving wound closure.
- Plant glycerin:An all-around soothing ingredient, plant glycerin not only provides hydration to the skin cells but also offers protection to the dermal layers. It helps to lock in the moisture and prevents trans-epidermal loss of fluids. A natural humectant, plant glycerin helps to maintain the balance of fluids in the dermal cells and in between the dermal layers. The thick fluid creates a barrier on the skin that keeps allergens and microorganisms at bay, lowering the risk of a hyper immune response and the resultant inflammation.
- Calophyllum Tacamahaca Seed Oil:You probably know this ingredient as Tamanu seed oil. An extraordinary and luxurious ingredient, tamanu oil contains a unique blends of glycolipids, neutral fats, phospholipids as well as a novel fatty acid known as calophyllic acid. Together these fats help to soothe inflammation and heal the skin.Moreover, tamanu oil also contains anti-inflammatory coumarins and phytochemical called calophyllolide that exhibits powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Apart from an impressive lipid profile, the oil boasts of an antibacterial lactone that protects the skin from infections. Plus, it’s a potent neuralgic agent that is known to contain even the severe pain and inflammation caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sunflower Oil Decyl Esters:This ingredient brings more than just emollient properties to the mix. Derived through an innovative process that helps to retain the unsaponifiable fatty acids in sunflower oil while increasing its therapeutic value, this phytoesterolic substance closely resembles sebum. Hence, it helps to restore the protective outer layer of the skin. It is also a strong anti-microbial agent, which is particularly effective against bacteria that cause skin infections.
- Plant trace minerals:Selenium, magnesium and zinc are not only vital for the health and regeneration of dermal cells but also play an important role in the skin’s defense mechanism. These trace minerals help to ward off skin infections while maintaining optimal hydration levels in the cells. Plus, they exert antioxidant effects that help to protect the skin cells from free radical damage.
- Vitamins A, D & E: Of the three, vitamin A, as retinol, works to slough off dead cells. This not only eliminates the fertile ground that bacteria need to thrive but also boosts the cellular regeneration process and the synthesis of elastin and collagen.Vitamin D plays an integral part in cellular metabolism and synthesis. It enhances the immune function of the dermal layers while influencing cellular proliferation and strengthening the dermal barrier. A deficiency of this vitamin is a known cause of inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, which was the prime reason to include it in this formulation. Finally, vitamin E not only provides occlusive protection but also prevents oxidative stress
- Chamomile extract:Priced for its ability to soothe and calm skin irritations and inflammations, this ingredient is clinically proven to be more effective than 0.5% and 0.75% hydrocortisone cream in treating dermatitis. Additionally, chamomile extract also offers aromatherapy benefits and is known to offer relief from stress, anxiety and depression.
- Citrus extracts:Derived from various fruits and trees in the citrus family, this ingredient works in multiple ways to cleanse, heal and protect the skin. A potent antiviral and antibacterial agent, this bioactive compound not only helps to keep infection causing germs away but also exfoliates the skin, which regulates cellular regeneration and metabolism.Moreover, citrus extract is extremely effective against skin itching. Furthermore, the energizing aroma of citrus fruits chases away depression, lethargy and anxiety.
- Canadian willow complex: An ingredient that brings anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and analgesic effects to the matrix, Canadian willow complex can easily give most hydrocortisone creams a run for their money. It is also a natural cleansing agent that acts as an anti-irritant. Plus, its anti-hyperandrogenic properties control and prevent androgenic hair growth on the face and neck. Furthermore, the botanical is a powerful scavenger of free radicals.
How Is The L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream Different From The Other Products In The Market?
- A 100% natural product:This formulation does not contain parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial emulsifiers, chemical preservatives, colors or fragrances. Basically, we have left out all the bad stuff that causes adverse reactions.
- Non-comedogenic formulation:The light, non-greasy formula plumps up the dermal cells and restores the protective barrier of the skin and you get all of this without the greasiness and pore clogging associated with steroid ointments and barrier repair creams.
- An environment and animal friendly product: Like all other L’orpur products, the Problem Skin Relief Cream has not been tested on animals. We only use ingredients that are grown, harvested and processed through environment friendly practices.
- Packed to perfection:The airless pump bottle helps to prevent wastage and minimizes the chances of contamination.
- Can be used for as long as required: This is a natural product. So, you can use it for as long as you want and as often as you need to. There are certainly no restriction on the use of this product.
When Treating Problem Skin, A Balanced Regimen Can Help A Lot!
Undoubtedly, a wholesome amount of TLC plays a huge role in dealing with eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea and that is what your skin gets with L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream. But, that’s no reason to underestimate the importance of an effective cleansing routine.
In fact, by cleaning your skin the right way, you win half the battle. But, don’t expect your problem prone and inflamed skin to responds well to the harsh scrubbing of regular facial cleansersand soaps. A good cleanse in no way or sense means squeaky clean. In fact, that is a surefire way to aggravate inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema and others. A high quality cleansing product:
- Gently exfoliates the skin.
- Battles infection causing bacteria.
- Removes environmental allergens and oxidants.
- Does not disturb the skin’s acid mantle.
- Does not dry the skin out.
- Provides hydration and moisturization.
- Preps the dermal layers for further treatment.
And, with that I want to introduce L’orpur handcrafted, cold processed soaps! This isn’t any odd bar of soap. What I have for you here is a complete cleansing-hydrating system that will pamper every inch of your skin.
A Gift That Easily Doubles Up As An Adjunct To L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream!
Made from the highest quality organic ingredients through the old-world artisanal process, each bar is cured for 4-5 weeks to bring out the fragrance and the potency of the essential oils and other botanicals in the formula.
These bars promise and deliver a one-of-its-kind bathing experience, wherein your dermal cells are treated to creamy, rich and hydrating lather, while your mind gets lulled and soothed by the enthralling notes of rose and sandalwood. Yes, the handmade box with floral print makes this pack of 3 bars a perfect gift.
But, don’t let the visual appeal of the box and the bars overshadow the therapeutic value of this cleansing system. The exfoliating and hydrating soap bars perfectly complement the L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream.
- The gentle exfoliation helps to rid the skin of cellular debris, environmental toxins and allergens as well as microorganisms and free radicals. This lowers the risk of allergic reactions and infections.
- Moreover, exfoliation also prepares the skin for further treatment and clears the way for the active ingredients to permeate through the upper dermal layers and reach deep into the skin.
- The moisturization and hydration offered by the creamy soap bar helps to plump the cells and adds to the effectiveness of the humectants in the cream.
- Well hydrated dermal cells are more accepting of the nutrients in the cream.
In case you are wondering how simple soap bars can accomplish all of that, well you need only take a look at the ingredients that go into the making of L’orpur soaps
So Much More Than Just Soap: This Is A Promise Of Smooth And Healthy Skin!
- A proprietary blend of carrier oils: At L’orpur, we only use organic and non-refined carrier oils in our formulations. In fact, for the soap bars, we have chosen a proprietary blend of carrier oils that offers the perfect mix of essential fatty acids.
- Shea butter:To add to the richness and the creaminess of the lather, we have also included shea butter in the mix.
- Essential oils: The essential oils of rose and sandalwood are not just potent anti-inflammatory agents but also powerful stress busters.
- Botanicals: Rose petals have been included for their natural vitamin C content and their ability to neutralize free radicals.
- Natural and gentle exfoliating agents: Almond meal has been used as a physical exfoliating agent because it protects and nourishes as it cleans. Plus, it’s incredibly gentle yet it gets the job done to perfection.
Why reserve the good stuff just for the skin on your face when you can give your body the very same pampering? My readers tell me that the only problem with these bars is that you may be tempted to shower more than once a day!
And, if that’s what you want to do, go ahead and give yourself some me-time because I have got you covered on the savings front…
As Always, I Am Happy To Offer More & More!
L’orpur is all about healthy and happy without a high price tag. We love to go the extra mile and help you to experience the goodness of natural healing while you save. So, let me ask you this – How would you like to save $10 right away?
Hold on; there’s more from where that came!
Order right away and you also save on shipping. Yes folks, I am talking about free shipping anywhere within the United States. That shaves off another $8 from the total cost.
Add those savings and it works out to a 35% discount. Now, that is what I call the L’orpur Advantage. But if you want to get your hands on this Mega Savings Combo Pack, you’ll have to hurry and order NOW!
- Don’t settle for less when there is more on offer!
- Don’t live with the risk of side effects when you can harness the healing power of nature!
Dealing with skin ailments is harrowing both mentally and physically. So, give your skin and your mind a break. Take the natural way to healthy and happy and living with L’orpur Problem Skin Relief Cream and L’orpur Handcrafted Soap Bars.