This is Olivia! If you have visited this site before and have read some of my articles, you already know me for the essential oil enthusiast that I am. But, if you are a new visitor, let me give you a quick introduction.
I have spent a lot of time travelling and most of my travels were and continue to be inspired by my desire to find holistic and natural methods of fitness, well-being and health care.
I am a daughter, wife, mother, a lover of natural and nature inspired healing as well as a consummate student of and in life. I am sure by now you are curious about my journey into the world of aromatherapy.
So, what led me to explore essential oils?
I started on the path of natural and holistic health care after an accident that left me in chronic and life-altering pain. I did not have a lot of options to go with. I could either allow painkillers to ruin my body, or shut up and bear the discomfort.
So, when I heard that essential oils could possibly offer some reprieve, I did not need a lot of convincing to give them a shot. I became a believer as soon as these humble oils started filling in the gaps left my modern medicine.
In fact, the impact of aromatherapy and the topical use of essential oils on my own body was so phenomenal that I felt the need to share this information with others. And that is what led to me starting this website!
How do I know so much about essential oils?
I have been using essential oils for almost 20 years, with much success, to deal with my own health issues and those of my loved ones.
I have also recently started my training to become a Certified Aromatherapist. Given how essential oils have become an integral part of my life, I wanted to be able to best serve my subscribers / loyal fans and be able to provide more in-depth content on a regular basis.
So, every bit of information that you read in my articles is based on the work, opinions and research of certified experts.
The blends listed on this site are based on the properties of single oils, as discussed by experts and authors such as:
1. Robert Tisserand
One of the foremost authorities on aromatherapy, a consultant and educator of aromatherapy and the benefits of essential oils.
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals (Tisserand. R and Young. R)
- The Art of Aromatherapy: The Healing and Beautifying Properties of the Essential Oils of Flowers and Herbs
- Aromatherapy For Everyone
- Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent (Llewellyn’s New Age) (Cunningham. S and Tisserand. R)
- Aromatherapy to Heal and Tend the Body
- Essential Oil Safety Data Manual
2. Jennifer Peace Rhind
Chartered biologist with a doctorate in Mycotoxicology, creator of degree level courses and courseware for aromatherapy qualification at the Edinburgh Napier University.
- Aromatherapeutic Blending: Essential Oils in Synergy
- Listening to Scent: An Olfactory Journey with Aromatic Plants and Their Extracts
- Fragrance and Wellbeing: Plant Aromatics and Their Influence on the Psyche
- Essential Oils (Fully Revised and Updated 3rd Edition): A Comprehensive Handbook for Aromatic Therapy
3. Douglas R Thomson
Registered aromatherapist, reflexologist and the founder of the British Columbia Institute of Holistic Studies.
- The Essential Oil Reference Book
4. Valerie Ann Worwood:
Practitioner of clinical aromatherapy and a leading authority on essential oils and their use.
- Aromatherapy for the Soul
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- The Fragrant Mind
5. Julia Lawless
Trained aromatherapist, practitioner of western herbal medicine and a respected authority on aromatherapy and oils.
- Essential Oils: The Complete Guide to the Use of Oils in Aromatherapy and Herbalism
6. Peter Holmes
Clinical aromatherapist, medical herbalist and practitioner of Chinese medicine with nearly 30 years of experience.
- Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils for Healing Body & Soul
- The Energetics of Western Herbs: Treatment Strategies Inetgrating Western & Oriental Herbal Medicine
But, why essential oils and aromatherapy?
Sure, there are other forms of natural and holistic health care options apart from aromatherapy. But, essential oils have an edge because:
- They are easy to use and are easily available.
- Aromatherapy can be practiced at home with minimal investment.
- There is no risk as long as you take basic precautionary measures.
- Aromatherapy is being widely incorporated as a complementary therapy along with modern medicine.
- There is a large body of research and evidence to support the effects and benefits of essential oils.
- Aromatherapy can be used with and alongside of almost all other types of naturopathic and modern treatment options.
- You were probably exposed to many essential oils ever since you were a kid because these were and remain a favorite with grandmothers all across the world.
If you haven’t already experienced the healing potential of these extracts first handed, I am sure you will as you embark on this journey through the aromatic universe of Mother Nature.
And I, Olivia, will be right there along with you guiding you where I can and learning with you always. Feel free to explore this site and find the information you need. If you cannot find the information you want, do write to me at [email protected]
I hope you will visit us often because we have new content for you every week. And on that note, here is wishing you all a lot of healthy and happy times with essential oils!