Skin cancer or melanoma is known to be the most serious and aggressive form of skin cancer. A mere mention of this word is giving me goose bumps, as I have known many people who have suffered from this dreadful disease. If you haven’t personally been diagnosed with cancer, odds are high that you have been part of a support system for someone who has, at least once in your life.
Cancer of the skin is universally seen and its outbreak is ever-increasing. However, the good news is that skin cancer is not a life threatening cancer and all sorts of skin cancers are curable should they be treated in early stages. It is noted that Essential Oils can be of tremendous help in the management of skin cancer. These natural Oils are able to address the different stages of this condition if right Oils are used and right treatment methods are followed.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are The Best Essential Oils You Can Use For The Management Of Skin Cancer?
- 2 How To Use Essential Oils For The Treatment Of Skin Cancer?
- 3 Best Essential Oil Recipe For Relief In Skin Cancer
- 4 What Are The Oils You Should Avoid Using In The Treatment Of Skin Cancer?
- 5 Some Pros And Cons Of Using Essential Oils For The Treatment Of Skin Cancer:
What Are The Best Essential Oils You Can Use For The Management Of Skin Cancer?
Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood is an ancient Oil that is frequently used in countries like Africa, Asia and Middle East. Steam distilled Sandalwood Oil can function as cardio-tonic and a chemo preventative agent. This research performed by the University of Oklahoma demonstrates that Sandalwood can kill cancer cells in the body and prevent the formation of new ones.
According to researchers, the presence of distinct chemical constituents in Sandalwood is the real reason behind this Oil’s cancer preventing properties. Sandalwood is rich in sesquiterpenes, which is a chemical causing death of cancer cells in the body. This Oil is also useful in the treatment of several skin conditions like Acne and Psoriasis.
Argan Oil is versatile. Many consumers often massage their hair with a small amount of this Oil after having a thorough cleanse, to deal with split ends. You can even use Argan Oil to strengthen finger nails, fade stretch marks, reduce wrinkles and diminish signs of sunburn.
The presence of following elements in Argan Oil makes it an effective cancer-preventing agent:
Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
Being an excellent antioxidant, Vitamin E reduces harmful free-radicals and protects your skin layer from sun-damage. Vitamin E antioxidant also enhances the skin’s ability to use and retain water.
Fatty acids make your skin plump; rendering it the ability to re-form after it is stretched for a while.
Linoleic and Oleic Acid
Linoleic and Oleic Acid are known for their anti-inflammatory properties as well as their ability to heal the skin.
Antioxidants are the warriors of the body that protect your skin from sun-damage, chemicals, pollution and free radicals.
Polyphenols are the best defense against aging from sun-damage and ultraviolet rays. Polyphenols are also anti-inflammatories that fight toxins.
Working similarly as olive Oil, Squalene Oil is a natural moisturizer that is also an excellent healer. It is good for people suffering from skin cancer.
This Oil has fantastic astringent properties. It is right for your skin cancer treatment as it rejuvenates and balances by far the oiliest of the skins. This Oil is known to blend well with many other Essential Oils like Sandalwood and Lavender. Apply the Frankincense Oil mix over the impacted area for three days and repeat the cycle after every 72 hours. This will help you treat the skin cancer. You have to be patient for top level results. That’s the only thing.
Lemon Oil works as an anti-neuralgic and antiseptic. In addition it is also a well-known laxative and astringent. This Oil is especially beneficial when it comes to killing the cancer cells, making it one of the finest and guaranteed natural remedies to manage skin cancer. Blend 5 drops of Lemon Oil together with Frankincense or Sandalwood Oil and use it under your feet. This can help you feel relaxed. You can also dilute this Oil with water and consume it orally in food dose amounts.
Rosehip Oil is recognized for its relaxing, cooling and tonic properties. It improves the feeling of overall well-being. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of Rosehip Oil are of help in the treatment of conditions like skin cancer. Rosehip Oil can minimize the harmful effects of UV lights and stimulate the production of melanin in the skin.
How To Use Essential Oils For The Treatment Of Skin Cancer?
Here are few things to remember when using Essential Oils for the treatment of skin cancer:
- Keep the massage light, and never do deep massage over the muscles and areas near the lymph glands.
- Avoid massaging areas that were irradiated.
Best Essential Oil Recipe For Relief In Skin Cancer
Research has indicated that skin cancer spots were diminished by the use of the following Essential Oil recipe:
- Apply 2 -3 drops of neat Frankincense Oil (without dilution) topically over the impacted areas two to three times daily.
- Supplement this with 3 drops of Frankincense Oil, which is to be used directly under the tongue daily. You can also use four drops in a capsule.
- Helichrysum Oil could be applied topically to stop scarring as the impacted area heals.
What Are The Oils You Should Avoid Using In The Treatment Of Skin Cancer?
Various health writers have compiled lists of Oils you should stay away from if you are suffering from skin cancer. Here are some of them:
- Star Anise
- Ho leaf
Some Pros And Cons Of Using Essential Oils For The Treatment Of Skin Cancer:
- Essential Oils are a healthy alternative to chemotherapy, which is highly invasive. If the Oil you are using is pure and you are not at the last stage of skin cancer, then you are sure to benefit.
- The holistic approach and the aroma keeps you motivated throughout the course of treatment.
- Some Essential Oils may affect your condition of skin cancer negatively. So, stay away from such Oils. Please refer to the above list.
- Few Essential Oils are not meant for those with sensitive skin. Always do a patch test before incorporating an Essential Oil into your everyday routine.
If this all has your attention, and you’re enthusiastic about using Essential Oils for treatment of conditions like skin cancer, know this: you want Essential Oils in their purest forms.
Indeed, it’s not unusual for a number of big skin care brands to dilute Essential Oils with preservatives and additives. Sometimes these kinds of products have more than 20 ingredients, which prevent these Essential Oils from doing what they are capable of doing. Essential Oils are liquid gold! They are potent and proven to work, with a reputation spanning over three millennia.