While herbal remedies have been used to heal lungs since long, using Essential Oils makes it easier to get the herbal extracts inside the lungs. These Essential Oils come with several benefits for the lungs. For example, Eucalyptus Oil, which is the most commonly used Essential Oil for healing lungs, is a potent antiseptic, expectorant and decongestant that benefits the entire respiratory system. It is possible to make a highly effective herb inhalation to clean and strengthen the lungs, by administering 10 to 15 drops of this Essential Oil into boiling water.
Which Essential Oils Can Be Used For Healing Lungs?
Keeping that in mind, here are some other Essential Oils you can use for healing lungs and keeping them healthy:
Peppermint Essential Oil
The expectorant qualities of Peppermint Essential Oil help in the treatment of upper respiratory congestion caused due to asthma, bronchitis, allergies, cold, flu etc. For the same reason, Peppermint Essential Oil is often an essential ingredient in lung healing balms available in the market. In contrast to prescription drugs and OTC therapies, Peppermint Essential Oil does not cause any drowsiness or other adverse effects.
Lavender is one of the best Oils to eliminate infection in lungs. Studies have proven that Lavender, when combined with Eucalyptus, can kill 70 percent of the staphylococcus bacteria present in the lungs.
Some Other Essential Oils That Can Be Useful To Heal Lungs
- Inhaling the steam of Eucalyptus, Bergamot and Peppermint can open up the bronchial passages and wipe out the bacterial infection present in the lungs.
- Blend of Anise, Eucalyptus and Peppermint can reduce coughing by reducing the brain’s reflex towards the cough. Cypress dries out consistently running nose.
An Effective Lung-Healing Essential Oil Blend/Recipe
- Eucalyptus Radiata
This blend of Oils has enough strength to fight respiratory infections and diseases. Inhaling this blend can help alleviate signs and symptoms of tuberculosis, asthma and pneumonia.
How To Use Essential Oils For Best Possible Relief In Lung Healing:
Dilute the Essential Oil blend in a carrier Oil and apply on the back, chest and the Vita Flex points of the feet. Application around the inner thighs can improve the circulation of blood in the lungs.
For fastest results, inhalation is the method to use. Here is how to do inhalation for best possible results:
- Add 2-3 cups water into a clear saucepan or a small pot. Bring this water to a boil.
- Add 10 to 15 drops of organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil into the boiling hot water and cover the saucepan with a lid. Turn off the burner.
- Remove the pan from the burner and bend your head over the pan with a towel covering your head and hanging around the pan: this helps make certain that the vapors are not lost in the air.
- Breathe in the Eucalyptus steam that emerges out after every 10-15 seconds. When the vapors are in, hold your breath for few seconds and then exhale. Do this for at least three times. If needed, more Eucalyptus drops can be added.
- Try to keep your eyes closed as much as possible to avoid eye burning or watering.
- Both Marjoram and Eucalyptus make highly powerful inhalations. Therefore, avoid using both these Oils together.
It is generally the case that ingesting Essential Oils is rarely needed. However, if ingestion is what you are going to do, use only the Essential Oils that are deemed appropriate for such use. Before ingesting Essential Oils, always consult a doctor. While some doctors recommend putting few drops of certain Essential Oils under the tongue to resolve a cough, in my experience, Essential Oils can best be used topically with proper dilution levels.
5. Use in a suppository
The easiest way to reach the lungs is through the colon. When using this method, the benefits reach the lungs within minutes. Put three drops of a suitable Essential Oil in a capsule and add carrier Oil to fill it up to the brim. Castor is the best carrier Oil to use, as it is very lubricating and thick. The ideal Essential Oil to carrier Oil ratio is stated to be 1: 10. If you intend to use this on a child, try first on yourself to make sure that it is comfortable. If the Essential Oil is properly diluted, it should not sting.
My dad battled with respiratory ailments in the last years of his life. Doctors said that there is nothing they can do for him. One of my friends suggested me to try Essential Oils. I can bet that no treatment method or drug prescribed by doctors can ever come close to the healing effects that these Essential Oils offer for the lungs. With the use of Essential Oils, it is entirely possible to pull someone out of a critical respiratory illness. They are just amazing!